02 June, 2007

Hey Hey I'm Back!!








Hey hey!!




Well, I know its been a while since my last post from Arles... I have had the most wonderful past few days with Mi Amigos from the UK....... Steve Karen and Mi amore BENJI!!




We met a while back on the internet. We all share a mutual passion for Gypsy music and the people who make it.. Karen and I have been Yakin on MSN messenger for quite some time. Needless to say after some leg pulling and a few rather large type, e-mails I convinced her, Steve and Benji that coming to Arles was a good thing.... So they did!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! We had the best week running around Arles and the Camargue... We were able to catch the group Soy who was playing in St. Maries de la Mer. We took a day trip to Nime to do a little sight seeing.. Hmm a few of us got fresh with the statue of the Torero but I am not saying who....


A couple of brilliant moments from our week were dinner with Pablo and we were able to see a fantastic exhibition of the photographer Lucien Clergue's work. The day that we all went he just happened to be leading a group of school kids through the exhibition... There was so much to do it's really hard to fit it all into one week... But ya know... I think I convinced them to come back!!


Woo hoo!!


Karen, Benji & Steve!!!! MY FAVORITE BRITS!!!!!!



I just want to give a shout out to Steve for the photographs in this post!!!

10000000 bestitos STEVE!!

Okay gang as soon as I get the time to put a slide show on my blog i'll post many more pics from my time here........

~Mel~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel,
Sorry it's taken so long to comment!!!! We had a brilliant week, already planning for next year. We have brought home so many wonderful memories of places we visited and people we met. Cops and Robbers is still "the" bedtime story book, Benji loved it when you read it!!!!
A big thank you from us all for making us feel so welcome.
Keep up the good work on the blog.
Karen

~Mel~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Mel~ said...

HO HO FOR THE COPS AND ROBBERS HO HO!! BENJI DID I GET IT RIGHT?
MISS YOU GUYS A WHOLE BUNCH!!
~MEL~