15 May, 2007

Four Days / Quatre Jour /Quatro Dias





All right it's just a little over 4 days and counting until I head back to Arles and the Camargue.

Or as I like to affectionately call it "THE MOTHER LAND". This little corner of the world, in the South of France has managed to capture my heart. This will be my 9th journey to the area.

I found this place a few years back when I started listening to a little band called the Gipsy Kings.. You may have heard of them??? If you haven't keep reading this blog you'll catch up pretty quick :-). As I listened to more of their music I became interested in learning more about their music, their culture and where they came from. More on the Gypsies in further posts. They and their music are huge part of why I return to this place. A little aside: When I first heard "Bamboleo" I never dreamed that this song would take me on a journey of a life time. From the time I first pulled into the train station in Arles, in the middle of the night I knew I would be returning to this place time and time again. It is a place where I have met some extraordinary people, seen some truly heart stopping sites, and heard the most beautiful music that truly does make your heart dance.

I come back time and time again because it's the one place that I can hear my heart's song.

Here are a few photographs of the Arles and the Camargue that I took on previous trips.

~Mel~
Bien c'est juste un petit par-dessus 4 jours et comptant jusqu'à ce que je dirige de retour à Arles et le Camargue.
Ou comme j'aime affectueusement l'appeler « LA TERRE DE MERE ». Ce petit coin du monde, dans le Sud de France a géré pour capturer mon coeur. Ceci sera mon neuvième voyage au secteur.
J'ai trouvé ces quelques années d'endroit soutiennent quand j'ai commencé écouter une petite bande a appelé leGipsy Kings. Vous pourriez avoir entendu parler d'eux ? ? ? Si vous avez ne garde pas lisant ce blog que vous attraperez en haut assez rapide : -). Comme j'ai écouté plus de leur musique je suis devenu intéressé dans l'érudition plus de leur musique, leur culture et où ils sont venus de. Plus sur les Gitans dans les plus amples postes. Ils et leur musique est la partie énorme de pourquoi je retourne à cet endroit. Un petit de côté : Quand j'ai entendu premièrement « Bamboleo » je n'ai jamais rêvé que cette chanson me prendrait sur un voyage d'un temps de vie. Du temps que j'ai tiré premièrement dans la gare dans Arles, au milieu de la nuit j'ai su que je retournerais à cet endroit maintes fois. C'est un endroit où j'ai rencontré quelques gens extraordinaires, vus quelque véritablement coeur arrête des sites, et a entendu la musique la plus belle qui fait véritablement votre danse de coeur.
Je reviens maintes fois parce que c'est l'un endroit que je peux entendre la chanson de mon coeur.
Sont ici quelques photographies du Arles et le Camargue que j'ai pris des voyages précédents.
~Mel~
Bien es apenas un pequeño sobre 4 días y contando hasta que dirija atrás a Arlés y el Camargue.
O cuando quiero llamarlo cariñosamente "LA TIERRA de MADRE". Esto rincón pequeño del mundo, en el Sur de Francia ha logrado capturar el corazón. Esto será mi viaje noveno al área.
Encontré que este lugar unos pocos años apoyan cuando empecé a escuchar una banda pequeña llamó Gipsy Kings.. ¿Usted puede haber oído de ellos??? Si usted tiene no mantiene leyendo este blog usted alcanzará bonito rápido: -). Cuando escuché más de su música yo llegué a ser interesado en aprender más acerca de su música, acerca de su cultura y acerca de donde ellos vinieron de. Más en los gitanos en postes adicionales. Ellos y su música son la partes inmensos de por qué yo vuelvo a este lugar. Un poco aparte: Cuándo yo oí primero "Bamboleo" yo nunca soñé que esta canción me tomaría en un viaje de un tiempo de la vida. Del tiempo que tiré primero en la estación en Arlés, en medio de la noche que supo que estaría volviendo a este lugar repetidas veces. Es un lugar donde he encontrado a algunas personas extraordinarias, visto algún sinceramente corazón que para los sitios, y oyó la música más hermosa que hace sinceramente su baile de corazón.
Regreso repetidas veces porque soy el un lugar que puede oír mi canción de corazón.
Aquí están unas pocas fotografías del Arlés y el Camargue que tomé los viajes previos.
~Mel~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa,
Your photos make me smile and as you talk about the Gypsies and thier music my heart sings too. I understand your love for that special corner of the world. Though I haven't been there 9 times I will be returning for my 4th time and each time I stay longer. Ste. Sara and her children hold a special place in my heart. See you there soon, I hope.
This blog is really awesome, YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your friend always, Alexa
Hé Melissa,
Vos photos font me sourire et comme vous parlez de la musique de Gitans et thier mon coeur chante aussi. Je comprends votre amour pour ce coin spécial du monde. Bien que je n'ai pas été là-bas 9 fois je retournerai pour mon quatrième temps et chaque fois je reste plus long. Ste. Sara et ses enfants tiennent un endroit spécial dans mon coeur. Vous voir là-bas bientôt, j'espère. Ce blog est vraiment impressionnant, VOUS ALLEZ LA FILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Votre ami toujours, Alexa
Oye Melissa,
Sus fotos me hacen sonrío y como usted habla acerca de los gitanos y más tu música que el corazón canta también. Entiendo su amor para ese rincón especial del mundo. Aunque yo no he estado allí 9 veces yo estaré volviendo para mi tiempo cuarto y cada vez yo permanezco más largo. Ste. Sara y sus niños tienen un lugar especial en el corazón. Véale allí pronto, yo espero. ¡Este blog es realmente impresionante, USTED VA a CHICA! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Su amigo siempre, Alexa

LL said...

WOW Mel!
What beautiful pictures! I can't wait to see the new ones when you get back from the Camargue!!
LL

Monica said...

Hi Mel,

It's Monica from the GK fan site. Just wanted to wish you a great trip. I had the pleasure of visiting Arles, Avignon, and Orange just last month and did enjoy the time there in regards to the people, the history and the surroundings. Of course the Feria over the Good Friday/Easter weekend made the time spent there even more enjoyable with all the festivities going on. With all the times I've had the opportunity to travel to Europe for both work and pleasure, it was a unique part of France that was a privilege to visit.

Your photos brought back great memories. I look forward to seeing what you post upon your return.

While you're vacationing in France this weekend, I'll be taking in the band's show in Anaheim on the 20th! Safe travels!

All the best!
Monica
laxlopez@yahoo.com