28 May, 2007

Whew!! Finally I am able to post!!





Hey Hey Gang!


Soooooooooooooo Sorry it's been a while.. I haven't had internet access for the past few days.. Well, honestly I have hardly had the time to get to a place to gain access..


Well, needless to say the past few days have been absolutely wonderful..


Thursday, the 24, started off with The Procession of St Sara to the sea.. And the Gypsy Pligrimage to St. Maries de la Mer... The sun as always was blazing hot... And people everywhere.. All here in this tiny village to see St Sara... The day started with what was about a mile walk from the outside of the village. Parking was a nightmare!! Woo hoo!! Just a word of advice... Get yourself a hotel in St. Maries for the Fete... Or plan on walking in if you don't get there early..


It was a wonderful site... Music everywhere... We started the day at one of the local watering holes Les Vague... Who's who in Gypsy music, from the Camrague was there.. And everywhere you turned around small groups centered around one or two guitars would be singing and playing... (i'll add pics later la loca forgot her lead to her camera in the states so I can't add right now) The whole day was amazing! After wondering around the village I decided to make my way to my spot to watch the procession of St Sara to the sea.. I waited at my usual spot waiting for the procession to make it's way to the sea... I waited and i waited... and I waited.. Finally it got to where I was.. It was a bet overwhelming to me to see thousands of people following the statue of St Sara... ( I know I am forgetting something) I will probably edit this later..


For now the procession it's self was a phenomenal site... People were in a frenzy to see and get close to their patron saint..





okay here's one shot from the procession, Mi amiga, managed to pop this shot off of Ricao..


He is one of the legends of Gypsy music from the Camargue..
I promise I will add more from the Fete later...
~Mel~

2 comments:

LL said...

Hey Mel!
Glad to see you finally surfaced. I was about to contact 'Interpol'. You are taking GREAT pictures and they make me VERY envious!!!
Keep up the good work!
LL

Anonymous said...

Mel!
receilved you blog, the pictures are beautiful and the descriptions on what you are doing are great, makes you feel like your right there.
Love,
Aunt Linda